Thursday, July 25, 2013

When I'm not cooking.....

Contrary to popular belief, I am not ALWAYS cooking. There are many times that I absolutely must have a quick, grab and go kind of meal, whether for breakfast (almost every day) or lunch (like today, when I've gotten a late start and need something for post workout nutrition).

There are tons of shake mixes out there, and I've tried a few along the way. I like the Vega line by Brendan Brazier. I've tried Body By Vi (I know this is great for some people but I couldn't compromise on the whey protein and the use of sucralose. No way.) I've used the Raw protein shakes but I just can't get myself to like them.

The shake that I've found, and gotten to love, is by Rockin' Wellness. It's a whole body nutrition shake that is literally packed with organic, raw superfoods. It's not high in protein and I have not seen any scientific reviews (guessing that's because RW is relatively new to the market), but I can tell you that it does something for me. I get a nice, long lasting energy, no spikes or crashes. I feel good. It's not necessarily the most filling shake, but I always eat a rice cake with peanut butter and a half banana with it and I am full all morning (or afternoon). I blend together a handful of ice, 10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a half banana, a heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder (I like it really chocolatey) and 1 scoop of RW powder. It seems a little pricey, but one bag lasts 30 days (1 scoop a day) and it costs the same or less than many of the other shakes out there. I got the deal that was $99 for two bags, a free blender bottle, and free shipping. I got my order within a couple of days.

What I like most about this product is, besides being 100% vegan, I recognize every single ingredient listed on the package. I am happy to put this into my body. ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10