Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Greetings!!

Here we go!

A little bit about myself - I am a mom, daughter, wife, friend, runner, and plant based eater. I live to encourage others and to inspire people to make positive changes in their lives. I have not always lived such a health conscious life, but once I connected the dots and realized that every aspect of my life boiled down to how I physically feel, I made many changes that turned my life around.

In May of 2010, I began the Couch to 5K running program. I found myself to be heavier than I ever had been before, including pregnancy, and with a complacent attitude. One day, I simply decided this was enough, and started the C25K. I stuck with it, did my 3 runs a week, and before I knew it, 9 weeks had passed and I was able to run a 5k distance!!! This opened up a whole new world for me! I gradually lost weight (a total of 30 lbs to date) and got into the best shape of my life. I began running races, starting with 5K, then 4.5 miles, 5 miles, 10K, 10 miles, half marathons, and, yes, a full marathon!!!

I've always been a good cook, preferring to provide my family with real, whole foods rather than inexpensive prepared and highly processed foods. Over the years, though, I have gotten increasingly more health conscious. Last year, I began to dabble in the vegetarian lifestyle. First time it didn't stick, but I started up again last November, and it has stuck! I am not saying that it hasn't been a struggle, nor am I saying that I haven't stumbled....I am a work in progress - with my eating, running, relationships, etc., but I keep at it, constantly thriving to be the very best that I can be!

Social media has been a great way to get connected with like minded individuals - real life friends or not - and I have been enjoying sharing life with other runners and plant basers. One of the things I love to do is photograph my food and share recipes with my friends. This has led to an invitation from my Facebook friend, Lewis Carlan, host of Proudly Plant Based with Lewis Carlan - a blogtalk radio show that you can find here, to share some of my fabulous plant based recipes with as the in house recipe expert. :)

This blog will be a place where you can find fabulous recipes, read about running, and find some random information that you may or may not find useful or interesting!

I welcome you, if you are here, you are friend. Enjoy and thank you for your time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10