Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sometimes the Simplest Meal is the Best

Mexican food is a staple in my home. I make pinto beans at least once a week, and keep a pot of them in the fridge to eat with our meals at any time of day. My husband makes eggs scrambled with onions, mushrooms, and peppers almost every day, and he eats them with a nice heap of fresh beans.

I like to make a nice simple and light lunch with mine. As you can see here, pinto beans with pico de gallo and avocados is what's on my plate today. I get delicious salt-free dip mixes at the market (which end up being seasoning for everything other than dips at my house) and my favorite is the Spicy Chipotle Dip Mix. This is phenomenal on beans! I like the smoky spiciness that it imparts on my creamy, earthy beans. The pico made with fresh summer ingredients and the cool avocado makes perfect tacos that I could eat every single day.
Lunchtime!

 
Pico De Gallo
 
1 fresh tomato, diced about 1/3" dice.
1T minced onions
1 jalapeno, diced (you can seed and remove membranes - I don't)
1 T cilantro, finely chopped
salt to taste
 
Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!
 
 
Plant based meals do not need to be fancy! All you need is a combination of fresh and beautiful foods that tickle your taste buds and nourish your body!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10